Just A Card Social Media Tutorials: Day 2
Today is all about Instagram, which is Emily's favourite platform. We both run two Instagram accounts. You can follow me at Sarah Hamilton Prints and we really hope you are following Just A Card! And you can follow Emily at Emily Quinton and Makelight.
If you don't already have an Instagram account then please do one important thing today and set one up, so that people can tag you whenever they are sharing the wonderful things that you do and other people can hear about you.
Emily's Instagram Top Tips
1. Show Up : You don't have to be on Instagram all day every day but it is a good idea to show up as much as you can. I try to post 5-7 times a week and spend 15-20 minutes on Instagram each day.
2. Be Part Of The Community : It is good to remember that it's not just about the images that you share, being part of the community is just as important. Leave comments, find new people to follow and be social.
3. Share Your Best Images : Take pride in your Instagram and share your best images. They don't have to be perfect but create the best images that you can in the time that you have. You want to inspire your community and add joy to their day.
4. Your Words Count : Think about what you are going to say when you post your image. Your words are valuable too and you can tell interesting stories about your work with these words. Tell people what you do, make them think, start a conversation.
5. Gather Good Hashtags : Hashtags are important for helping more people to find you. Spend some time gathering bundles of hashtags and save them in the notes on your phone, so you can copy and paste them when you need to. If you don't know where to start you might like to try the Makeligh Hashtag Library or these great Hashtags for Creatives.
6. Use Instagram Stories : If you haven't tried Instagram Stories yet then set aside time to look at what you like about other people's stories and think about how you can use them too. Try and make a story once a week to start with. It's a another great way to connect with your audience.
7. Do Not Worry About Numbers : Do not stress about follow numbers, likes and comments. It is a wonderful thing to reach one person, don't stress about all the others. It takes the love and enjoyment out of it.
8. Have Fun : Above all have fun with Instagram. Be inspired, inspire others and enjoy having this amazing free tool to use whenever you want to. Technology is amazing. Enjoy it!